Terms and Conditions
Please read this brief guide. Confirmation of a booking by the Client is deemed acceptance of these terms.In these Terms & Conditions, "the Bed and Breakfast" refers to Green Grove Country House at Bell Busk.
Please click HERE for additional policies currently in place due to Coronavirus.
All published rates include VAT or local service charges at the current rate. The Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to alter prices for any reason up to the date of booking.
All rooms and rates offered by the Bed and Breakfast are subject to availability and the discretion of the Proprietors "Keith and Zoe Sharp". Limited numbers of suitable rooms may be allocated to individual rates, packages or promotions and, when these allocations are taken up, remaining available rooms may be offered to the Client at the Bed and Breakfast's published rates in line with its rating strategies.
Bookings must be guaranteed for the first night's accommodation by a credit or debit card, by payment of a deposit by cheque or BACS transfer, or by agreement in writing by a company, travel agent or accommodation agent. At the discretion of the Bed and Breakfast, full pre-payment may be required at the time of booking.
4. Arrival and departure
Bedrooms are usually available after 4pm local time on the day of arrival. Check out is by 10.30 am local time.
5. Cancellations, refunds, amendments and non-arrivals
Cancellations and amendments for bookings made on line can be made in writing or by calling 01729 830526. If you have to cancel your stay with us for any reason please let us know immediately. Provided you give us at least seven days notice before your stay we will keep your deposit paid against the booking. If you cancel within 24 hours of your arrival you will have to pay for the whole reservation. If you do not arrive at all and have not notified us then you will lose any money you have paid and will be liable to pay the balance of the reservation.If the Bed and Breakfast cancels before 24 hours prior to the scheduled day of arrival, the Bed and Breakfast's liability to the Client will be no greater than the amount paid by the client in respect of any booking. Where possible the Bed and Breakfast may but is not obliged nor will it be liable to find alternative accommodation for the Client in the event that the Bed and Breakfast is unable to accommodate the Client.
All refunds will be issued in the manner which they were paid, ie if paid by credit card the refund will be issued to the credit card company.
Settlement of the bill in full, less any advance payments must be made prior to departure from the Bed and Breakfast. Upon arrival the Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to request preauthorisation of the Client's credit or debit card or cash.All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Company cheques are not accepted without prior clearance. Please contact the Bed and Breakfast prior to arrival. Accounts payments are not available.
In line with the change in UK legislation, Green Grove Country House operates a NO SMOKING policy within all interior areas of the Bed and Breakfast, including guest bedrooms, public areas and corridors.
For resident guests who do not comply with our NO SMOKING policy, a charge will be added to their bill to include the cost of cleaning all soft furnishing to remove the odour of tobacco of up to £150. We appreciate your co-operation with this No Smoking Policy.
8. Car parking
The Bed and Breakfast has its own off road parking area, which is free for residents use.
For the comfort of our guests we do not accept bookings with children under the age of 3 years. Children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult to ensure that the children's behavior is appropriate for other guests within the Bed and Breakfast. Please be aware that if young children cause a disturbance you may be asked to compensate any other guests who are staying with us at the time.
You must take all reasonable precautions to avoid damage or interference with any items belonging to us. Customers are requested to bring any damage to our B&B or property to our immediate attention. Malicious, wilful, or negligent damage or interference to our B&B or property will be regarded as a breach of these bookings terms and conditions and we will terminate your booking. We will contact you after your stay to recover the costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our B&B or property. We may also instruct a third party to recover these costs on our behalf. If you request it, we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
11. Dogs, Cats and Other Pets
Pets are not accepted.
The Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behavior of Clients, Guests or Representatives, who must take all steps for corrective action as requested by the Bed and Breakfast. In the event of failure to comply with management requests, the Bed and Breakfast may terminate the booking or stop any event immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation.
It is the policy of the Bed and Breakfast not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability. Clients, their employees, guests and all sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the Client are expected to adhere to this policy and the Bed and Breakfast may, without incurring any liability to the Client, remove from the Bed and Breakfast any person or persons offending against this policy.
14. External purchases
Alcohol and Food is permitted to be brought into the Bed and Breakfast, we ask that you enjoy this privilege sensibly and know your limits; any Behavior resulting from this will have action from clause 11.
15. Welcome hamper offer
Bookings will qualify for a free welcome hamper on arrival if booked through bedandbreakfastmalhamdale.co.uk only. This offer will not apply to any bookings made through third party booking websites, for example booking.com. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and without notice, all bookings taken whilst the offer is available will be honoured.
16. Comments and complaints
Any comment or complaint regarding the stay should be made to the Proprietor or representative at the time of visit so that the matter can be resolved immediately.
17. Statutory requirements
The Bed and Breakfast is subject to statutory controls, including those relating to fire, health, hygiene and safety. These must be strictly observed by Clients, their guests and representatives.
Other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Bed and Breakfast, the Bed and Breakfast's liability to the Client is limited to the price of the booking. Unless the Bed and Breakfast is liable under the above clause, the Client indemnifies the Bed and Breakfast from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the booking, The Bed and Breakfast does not accept responsibility whatsoever for damage to, or theft from, or theft of, vehicles parked on the premises. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or neglect of the Clients, their guests or sub-contractors to the Bed and Breakfast's property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to guest's credit/debit card, or send an invoice for the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage, to the registered address. We will however make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum. Third Party Liability The Bed and Breakfast does not accept any liability for services rendered by third parties to Clients notwithstanding that such service may be arranged by the Bed and Breakfast. Any claim, demand, charge, suit or damages which may be incurred by the Clients or their guest (or any person claiming thereunder) shall be made directly with such third parties and The Bed and Breakfast shall render all reasonable assistance in this regard.
The client is recommended to have and is responsible for insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment, and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
20. Data protection
The Bed and Breakfast respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. The data collected about you will be used to firstly fulfill any service you might request e.g. to request a brochure, make a booking etc and secondly to improve our service. We will under no circumstances give your personal data to third parties. However, unless you specifically ask us not to (and this option is always given) we will use your data to send you further information from the Bed and Breakfast. Any e-mail sent to you will always provide you with the option to unsubscribe. This is in accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation. When making a booking, your credit card or billing account details are only retained for the purpose of handling that individual transaction, unless you ask us to keep these details for future purchases which you may make through us. In order to process a booking or enquiry, this will be destroyed on your departure. We adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998.
These terms will be construed in accordance with English law and the Bed and Breakfast and Client submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Being 8 miles from Skipton and Settle and just 3 miles from Gargrave or Hellifield we are situated just off the A65 in the delightfully pretty, pastoral, sleepy hamlet of Bell Busk, the house is built from local stone with large exposed beams. We offer 3 new spacious ground floor bedrooms with en suite facilities. With 1 step into the property, we may not be suitable for wheelchair users. We are nestled at the foot of a small hill on a level tarmac country lane alongside the River Aire with pretty views all around. For breakfast, where possible, we use locally sourced food and try to cater for various dietary needs.We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01729 830526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rooms are available from 5pm on the day of arrival or earlier by pre-arrangement so that we can be here to welcome you and help with luggage if necessary. Please advise us about any special needs when making the booking.• For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions on our website. Our postcode is BD23 4DU• The nearest railway stations are Gargrave, Hellifield and Skipton. Taxis are always available from Skipton.• The nearest bus stop is a 10 minute walk away, please ask for the Coniston Cold stop. The bus number is 580 and runs hourly from 09.50am to Skipton and 09.02 hourly towards Settle.• There are no pavements to negotiate in Bell Busk.• We have information about local services for disabled people.• This access statement is available in larger print on our website.
Car Parking and Arrival
• There is plenty of off road level parking space for at least 4 cars at the front of the house. There is under cover storage for bicycles.• It is possible to drive up next to the wide side door (165cm/5'6" wide with 1 step measuring 15cms/6" and a threshold measuring 7cms/3"). The front door is 80cms wide with an 11cms/4.5" step.• The car park is gravelled and well lit by movement sensitive lighting.• Assistance can be given with luggage.
• Guests arrive by either the main front door into the sitting room or wider side door into the dining room where they are asked to register. After 1 step into the property all accommodation is on the level.• Comfortable seating is available in both rooms. It is grouped so as not to obstruct routes through the house.• The flooring is short pile fitted carpet in a colour that contrasts with the walls.• The area is evenly and well lit to assist visually impaired people.• A magnifying glass, pen, pad and paper are available on request.• Guests are welcomed and shown the sitting room, dining room and their bedroom.
• There are 3 new ground floor spacious bedrooms with level access from the front door and 1 first floor bedroom. 2 bedrooms have a double four poster bed, one of which is on the first floor. 1 bedroom has a king size bed with single bed and 1 room has zip and link twin beds.• Each bedroom is named;Malhamdale,Ribblesdale, Wharfedale and Littondale.• The doors into the bedrooms are 80cms/31.5" wide.• Furniture can be re-arranged or removed if necessary.• The height of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 61cm (2ft), the four poster bed height is 59cm.• All rooms are bright and well lit with ceiling lights and bedside lamps.• All rooms offer good pastel colour contrast between floor, walls and doors. Short pile carpets, non feather pillows and wide screen TVs with remote controls are in every room.• All downstairs bedrooms open onto the south west facing patio and garden via an 80cms/31.5" door. There is a 7cms/3" threshold.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (En suite or Shared)
• Door opening 80cms/31.5"• The toilet height is 41cm• The washbasin height is 86cm• There are lever taps throughout.• Grab rails are fitted to the left hand side of the shower in Malhamdale and Wharfdale, and the right hand side of the shower in Ribblesdale.• Well lit with overhead lights and fluorescent light over the mirror and basin.• Good colour contrast between non-slip laminate flooring, walls, towels and doors.Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors• All public areas are well lit using a combination of ceiling lights and table lamps.• There is short pile carpet throughout
Public Areas - Lounge
• The lounge is on the ground floor with step free level access from the door.• The maximum double door opening into the dining room is 142cm wide• The room has a mixture of seating with leather sofas, wooden desk and chair, together with coffee table.• There is short pile carpet throughout.• There is natural lighting, ceiling lighting and table lamps.• There is a multi fuel stove.
• There are paved furnished south west facing patio areas outside each bedroom.• The garden extends to 1/3 acre and is level and lawned.
• The proprietor has passed a course on disability awareness training for tourism.• We have a set of evacuation procedures- should you require assistance someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation. There is an information sheet in large print on the internal aspect of each bedroom door.• We are competent with fire regulations and have fire extinguishers.• We have passed level 2 in food handling and safety in catering.• We welcome trained assistance dogs.• All lighting is low energy and often on movement detector sensors.• Mobility scooters and wheelchairs may be stored in the garage.• The nearest hospital with A&E is at Steeton 15miles away.• Free wireless internet access with broadband speed of 6 is available in all rooms.• We can offer a list of local attractions and places to eat.
• We may be able to provide a ramp up to the wide side door.